The San Marcos AssociationA Santa Fe County Registered Organization
Our Mission is to serve as a trusted resource by listening to community concerns, sharing information, and influencing policy and decisions affecting all of us.
Our Vision is to preserve the rural character of the San Marcos region, to inspire effective civic engagement, and to advocate for and amplify the voice of our community.
The San Marcos Association is a non-profit community service organization. (IRS Code 501(c) (4)).
Map of The San Marcos Association Advocacy Area
Our advocacy range extends over a large area in SW Santa Fe County, NM., bordered by HWY 25 on the north and west, extending south to include the Cerrillos Hills and the northern Ortiz Mountains, and including the western portion of the Galisteo Basin.
On April 1, 2016, the SMA was recognized by the Santa Fe County Growth Management Department as a “Registered Organization.” What that means is set out in Chapter 2 of the Sustainable Land Development Code In summary, the SMA has the right to:
- Be notified of and make recommendations for pending discretionary development applications in our geographic area (see map ) and get notice of public hearings or meetings about such applications.
- Be notified of and make recommendations for Development of Countywide Impact applications.Be notified of and make recommendations for amendments to the SGMP, SLDC, or Area, District or Community Plans in our area.
- Coordinate with Community Organizations (which are also defined in Chapter 2), residents, and owners of property or business in our area when discretionary development reviews or administrative adjudicatory applications come up.
- Meet with the Land Use Administrator on matters of interest in our area.
- Participate in Town Hall meetings.
- Take part in Registered Organization leadership retreats and training programs.
Santa Fe County Emergency Services
In an emergency of any kind, call 911.
Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office : 505 428-3720
Turquoise Trail Volunteer Fire District (TTVFD) : 505 474-8282
SUICIDE PREVENTION HOTLINE: